Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nourishing My Thyroid


A few years ago, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Even though I take thyroxine on a daily basis, I am on the outlook for additional ways of supporting thyroid function.


The following suggestions are very easy to implement:
  • Almonds, avocados, bananas, dairy products, fish, chicken, dried fruits (apricots, dates and prunes), eggs, pumpkin, sesame seeds, and whole grains are some of the foods that help.
  • Liver friendly foods such as beets, carrots, garlic, kale, leeks, lemons, and onions help with detoxification.
  • Vitamin D helps and is easily obtained by going outside on sunny days or when taken as a supplement.
  • Stress reduction techniques also help support adrenal glands and in doing so help the thyroid gland produce thyroid hormones.
  • Processed and refined foods should be avoided.

1 comment:

  1. I have hypothyroidism and my hair is falling and appetite has decreased...But when he started taking porcine capsule supplements , I noticed that he's recovering much faster.

    ReplyDelete