Monday, June 8, 2009

The Market Experience


Visiting a farmers' market is a treat, especially at this time of the year. It does not matter whether I am looking for fresh fruits and vegetables, organic meats, eggs, maple syrup, honey, plants and flowers, or unique artisan products, I am certain to find it here. And, I am also supporting local growers and new businesses which set up at these markets to reduce their operating costs.

Whenever I visit a market, I pick up a number of helpful hints about ripeness, food preparation, and the occasional tried-and-true recipe. And, I leave knowing that the fruits and vegetables are safe and locally produced.

The following website provides information on farmers' markets throughout Canada: www.farmersmarketscanada.ca/Links.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment