Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cut Clutter

I find it very difficult to throw out books. Reading is one of my preferred activities and I always delight in the acquisition of a new book. It does not matter whether I purchased it myself or received it as a gift--each book is unique in its own special way.

My bookcases and shelves are spilling over with books--I have even started a new section in my living room. It is time to start letting go of...
  • The older paperback novels collecting dust. Many of them are over 30 years old and no longer of interest to me.
  • Any book that I haven't read yet, especially if it has been sitting on the bookcase for more than a year.
  • Any book that reminds me of an unhappy time in my life.
  • Mediocre books that do not warrant any more attention.
So, what will I do with these books? I can donate them to the the public library, hospitals, or community centers. In Guelph, Onward Willow gladly accepts donations of clothes, toys, household items, and paperback novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment